Sunday 18 May 2014

No Post On Sundays?

It would appear that, at least in the UK, Amazon are now using owls to make their deliveries. I ordered a small item from Amazon late on Friday and didn't pay any attention to the expected delivery date, I just assumed that, as I have Amazon Prime, it would arrive on Monday.

When I got up this morning I had an e-mail which said that my parcel was out for delivery today, i.e. Sunday. My initial thought was that it was a glitch in their system, and that it had actually only been dispatched today and would be delivered tomorrow.

Given that the weather today has been great, we spent the afternoon in the garden working, but I did keep an ear out for a delivery vehicle just in case. When it got to 6pm I decided that it really was just a glitch in Amazon's system as who would expect a delivery after 6pm on any day let alone a Sunday. So imagine my surprise when at 7:10pm there was a knock on the door and my parcel was delivered!
18 May 2014 at 20:43 , ADRIAN said...

Didn't you track it. The posh folk like DPD aand FEDex run 24/7 but always tell you where your stuff is.

19 May 2014 at 06:23 , Mark said...

The only tracking there was, was in Amazon's own website and so even though this said out for delivery I didn't trust it. I've never had any deliveries on Sunday before, I didn't think DPD or any of the others Amazon used did Sunday deliveries, or maybe I've just never ordered at the right time before.

19 May 2014 at 07:31 , Helen said...

I once had a delivery on a Sunday - once, but I can't remember who the courier was.

20 May 2014 at 07:30 , Scriptor Senex said...

I had a Sunday delivery recently but I never know who the couriers are - I can't see the van* from the front door and few of them ever wear any sort of uniform. *That's assuming they use a van - some are in their own cars.

24 May 2014 at 16:02 , Graham Edwards said...

Tracking is great if it works and you'd think it would work with UPS for Apple especially as I usually get a text to tell me that a delivery is due tomorrow if it is to be signed for. So imagine my surprise a few days ago when I received a parcel which had been delivered to a neighbour who signed for it and for which I had not had a text. The reason was probably that according to the UPS site it was still in Cologne.

Post a Comment