Saturday 2 March 2013

Individually Wrapped

While digging around for something sweet to eat yesterday (I made the Moffat Toffee last quite a while, thanks Adrian) I came across one of the more random things I brought back from my trip to Beijing back in 2010; an individually wrapped Polo mint!


Now I know that individually wrapped sweets aren't that uncommon, but individually wrapped Polo mints were a new one for me. The meeting room at the hotel we were staying in was always well setup in a morning with cups for the tea that was brought in at regular intervals as well as large bowls full of these mints. Needless to say I think we all found them quite intriguing and we certainly ate quite a lot of them.

It's now been over two years since my trip to China but I think that is probably the last of the blog worthy things I saw or did!
2 March 2013 at 17:46 , ADRIAN said...

I'd rather have an After Eight. but free is free!

Sorry about the spam I've been having trouble all week with Yahoo. It started coincidently when I updated Java.....My search engine defaulted to ASK Jeeves....load of twaddle that is. I sorted that quicksticks but on reinstalling the Java doings this has happened. I have changed my password and altered my passport thinghy. I hope that solves the problem

3 March 2013 at 08:44 , GB said...

I once read an official report that the amount of unpleasant bacteria on mints in hotel reception etc dishes was so hight that it was perceived as a public health risk. Wrapped is good!

3 March 2013 at 16:35 , Mark said...

Yes, I remember a similar report about the mints at a restaurant till harbouring more bacteria than the bathroom!

I think it in this case it was that it was a Polo mint that was individually wrapped that for some reason seemed strange.

Post a Comment