Sunday 7 August 2011

Flypast

We've just been overflown by this...
I've no idea why a Lancaster bomber should be flying over Penistone but as with the Linnet the photographic proof isn't fantastic -- I had the telephoto adapter on in readiness for the Linnet which was good, but it was moving so fast and the angle at which I had to point the camera out the window meant I was finding it difficult to find the plane when zoomed right in (a featureless cloudy sky didn't help) and so had to settle for less zoom which resulted in vignetting around the edges of the image. There was also some rather bad purple fringing (a known problem with my camera) and given that there was so little colour in the image anyway I've converted it to black and white to hide the purple fringes. Amazingly after all this processing you can still tell what I saw from the photo!
8 August 2011 at 22:07 , Ian said...

It's a great photo - looks like it's flying in front of the moon..!

I didn't know the term 'flypast', we grew up knowing it as a 'flyby' (which google corrects to 'flybe')

13 August 2011 at 18:00 , Graham Edwards said...

I bet that's on the red list too! Good shot.

Post a Comment