Wednesday 3 February 2010

Turbulent Times

Well this is my 400th post and possibly the last before Google enforces some changes to this blog. Ever since I started this blog I've used the "Publish via FTP" feature of blogger which means I could host the blog on any URL and have full access to all the files. Apparently maintaining this feature is too much like hard work and so as of the 26th of March I'll no longer be able to post in the way I have for the last 400 posts.

I'm not going to wait until the last moment to figure out what to do about this so I will be experimenting with numerous ways of moving the blog somewhere else. This means that there is likely to be some upheaval while I get things sorted. So if the blog disappears for a few days don't worry too much.

I don't think this change affects any other bloggers I know but if you do publish your blog via FTP then you need to start getting ready for this change. Google have started a blog of their own to collect all the relevant info and I'll keep you updated with how things go and where to look for future posts as soon as I know myself.

Post a Comment