Wednesday 12 August 2009

Evicting the Squatters

Well today was eviction day. You may remember that we had squatters (i.e. wasps building a nest in a bird box) in the garden. When they were minding their own business I wasn't too bothered by them. On Saturday, however, I was cutting the grass when one of them launched an unprovoked attack leaving me with a very sore arm.

So I called the council on Monday to arrange for them to be moved and I was told no problem they will be shifted on Wednesday. Well the guy just came. He spent longer suiting up than he did destroying the nest. In fact he was so fast I didn't have the chance to take a photo to accompany this post. Hopefully we won't have any more problems, although apparently if they come back and start nesting again this year then the council will send someone out free of charge to have a second go -- hopefully that won't be necessary!

Post a Comment