Sunday 15 February 2009

What Not To Watch: The Break Up

I remember seeing trailers for the film The Break Up, back in 2006 when it was released, and thinking that it looked quite funny. Just so you know what I'm talking about here is the main trailer for the film.

Turns out the film isn't at all funny, in fact it was probably the worst film I've watched in a long time.

The two main leads (Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston) didn't really work and the film was depressing rather than funny. The only bits really worth watching listening to were the opening and closing credits (Queen's You're My Best Friend and I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash).

My Rating: 1 Stars If I could recommend one film for everyone to avoid then this would probably be it.
15 February 2009 at 10:12 , Helen said...

Aaah - many apologies. Could have spared you the pain of watching it. We watched it last year and also found it terrible... so much so that I haven't watched a Vaughn film since. I love Reese Witherspoon, but when the Christmas "must-see" film for 2008had her starring with Vaughn I decided to give it a miss.

15 February 2009 at 10:34 , Mark said...

I'm not sure that it's Vaughn that is the problem -- I think the small role he has in Mr and Mrs Smith is brilliant.

I think the whole film just suffers from not knowing what it wanted to be. It's not comic and it's not dramatic. It really is just depressing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would describe watching it as painful!

Post a Comment