Friday 30 January 2009

Picture Tag

I've been tagged by my father-in-law Scriptor Senex with a picture tag. The rules are as follows:
  1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures
  2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder
  3. Explain the picture
  4. Tag 4 people to do the same
As an added consideration I was tagged as, and I quote, "because he's got lots of photos I've never seen". So starting from my top level photography folder the fourth folder is called "Good Photos", which unfortunately doesn't actually contain anything but more folders. So keeping with the four theme I went for the fourth folder "Printable" and this folder contains more than four photos so here endeth my journey.

The "Good Photos" directory actually stores high quality scans of my better pre-digital photos. I scan on the highest resolution I can handle and then painstakingly clean each scan. This leaves me with files which can then be printed and framed.

This particular photo was taken one warm summers evening in Poolewe, Scotland way back in 1997. I was camping with my brother and parents in the campsite at Poolewe, and this was the view from the other side of the road looking out across Loch Ewe. We had many great sunsets during the fortnight we were there but that evening was the most vivid. I think the photo works so well because of the canoe -- it is certainly better than the photos taken just before and just after without the canoe, but with similar light. It's weird how following the fourth folder down to the fourth image should have hit upon the photo that I am probably most proud of (I promise I didn't fake that). I just hope other people like the photo as much as I do -- it's been framed for at least two Christmas presents and a house warming.

There is only one problem with the photo and this picture tag -- Scriptor Senex has seen it before. In fact I believe he has a small 6x4 print of it somewhere (it used to hang on the wall half way up the stairs along with a lot of other family photos).

So as a bonus I applied the same rules to the top level of the folder containing all my digital photos. I have this folder organised with one folder a year and as I bought my first digital camera in 2005, the fourth folder holds the photos from 2008. The fourth folder of 2008 is from the 20th of February. It had obviously been frost and I took a whole bunch of photos on the way to work using my small digital camera that I keep with me at most times. And here we have the fourth photo from that folder -- a weird, frosty little fern thing!

Now unfortunately I'm struggling with the final rule; tag 4 other people to do the same. Apart from family members who blog, I don't know any other bloggers well enough to tag them and the other family members (Helen and GB) were already tagged by Scriptor Senex. So I guess I'll have to wait until I get to know some other bloggers a bit better before passing the tag along.
31 January 2009 at 06:29 , Scriptor Senex said...

Nice one, and most considerate to throw in a freeby!

Post a Comment