Thursday 23 October 2008

Digital Restriction Madness: Success for the Little Guy!

OK maybe I'm not so little (I'm actually much rounder than I'd like) but I've had success in playing the digital copy of Dr Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! which was being held ransom by Fox. As I mentioned in my previous post the serial number that I got with the DVD to unlock the legal digital copy that you can play on a computer or portable media player didn't work. When I contacted Fox about this I was told that it wouldn't work until the 9th of December when the film went on sale in the US.

Well either my mail was looked at by the right person or Fox independently realised they had made a mistake, but I've just tried unlocking the film again and it has worked. Of course I don't actually have time to watch it right now but at least I could if I wanted to -- although only on this computer due to the exceptionally restrictive rights they allow.

Post a Comment