Sunday 6 January 2008

Coffee: "Cona" Vacuum Pot

On this strange journey through my coffee making equipment we reach the final stop, a "Cona" Vacuum Pot. I was given this coffee machine as a graduation present back in 2006. This machine is my most recent, most expensive, most fragile and most fun coffee machine. It also makes the best coffee!

Often referred to in our house as my chemsitry set it is difficult to describe how it works (other than it involves creating a vacuum) so I videoed it making a pot of coffee. Given how fragile looking it is and the fact that it takes quite a while to make coffee this way I don't use it very often, but it is great for getting out and making coffee at the table after a meal with guests.

I hope you enjoyed that brief tour around my coffee making equipment. At least now if you are ever in the house you will know what kind of coffee you can ask for!
6 January 2008 at 19:23 , GB alias L'homme bizarre avec la barbe grise said...

How strange. I haven't seen one of these for over 30 years! Carol and I had two at various times. The first was just after we married (in 1970). I'm not sure whether we ever brought one North. And, yes, they made superb coffee. Heat, push air out through liquid, cool, draw liquid into vacuum. So simple, so effective. Plus ca change...

7 January 2008 at 10:39 , Mark said...

Well I guess there is the simple description that escaped me when I was writing the post! Although I guess the video will still help for those who have never seen one in action before.

Mark

Post a Comment