Friday 5 October 2007

Concert Review: Runrig

While I may have been at the University for ten years, I had never before been to a concert held at the University. That all changed last night when I went see one of my favourite groups, Runrig. Firstly the tickets were easy to buy. None of this buying over the Internet or phone and then waiting months for them to arrive, I simply walked across campus and bought them direct. I was, however, worried that there would be no atmosphere given that I've only ever seen the room set out for an exam or graduation ceremony, but with the lights off and the beer flowing the atmosphere was fantastic.

Last night was the 2nd night of the tour to promote their latest album, Everything You See, and they were on top form. For those of you who listen to Runrig, I can easily say that the highlight of the evening was the very simple rendition of "Every River". For those of you who have no idea what Runrig's music is like then why not watch Abhainn An T-Sluaigh. This was a show broadcast a few weeks ago in Scotland which captures the band performing to 17,000 people on the banks of Loch Ness -- note that you do have to watch as well as listen as the show is in Gaelic with English subtitles!

My Rating: 5 Stars It was by far the best Runrig concert I've ever been to!

Post a Comment